Cynthia Fellom Tricou, Artie Fellom Gautier, and Martie Fellom founded the school in 1965. The sisters pursued professions in education, earned graduate degrees, and studied classical ballet as well as many other dance forms in New York, Texas, Hawaii, Colorado, Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. The three still remain active in all aspects of the school and work closely with an outstanding team of teachers.
The teachers at Fellom Ballet are carefully selected on the basis of training, experience, personal character, creativity, and artistry. A highly selective faculty is central to the implementation of the school’s philosophy.
10 Reasons to Study Ballet at FELLOM BALLET:
- Develop an appreciation for the art of ballet and the joy of movement.
- Improve posture and body alignment.
- Strengthen the body – improve health: cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and body composition.
- Develop gracefulness and poise (co-ordination, balance, and control).
- Develop inner beauty (also memory, mental and visual sharpness).
- Develop discipline, self-control, and personal etiquette, and respect for others.
- Strengthen & improve other dance forms.
- Interact with and support an appreciation of related arts: music, storytelling-literature, visual arts, and drama.
- Improve agility in sports.
- BALLET is a GREAT form of exercise! It’s also great fun!